ugg colours ‘Puncture wounds’ prompt recall of furniture collection
(WPRI) Restoration Hardware is recalling more than 9,000 pieces of furniture because the metal trim on can detach and cause lacerations, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The recall involves the Smythson Shagreen Collection of side tables, coffee tables, dressers, beds, nightstands, and sideboards. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is joining other Democratic senators including New Jersey Cory Booker in backing legislation aimed at blocking the creation of a federal religious registry.
The Massachusetts Democrat said targeting people based on their religion goes against American values and makes the country less safe.
The bill would bar the establishment of a registry based on religion, race, age, gender, ethnicity, national origin, or nationality. registration system for Muslim immigrants.
President elect Donald Trump has said he wants a tough approach toward immigration.
Other Democratic senators backing the bill include Brian Schatz and Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, Edward Markey of Massachusetts, Patty Murray of Washington, Bernie Sanders and Patrick Leahy of Vermont and Jeff Merkley of Oregon.
Click to see list of recalled item numbers
According to the CPSC, RH has received 29 incident reports, including four reports of puncture wounds and abrasions.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled furniture and contact RH to receive a refund or a free replacement product of similar value. RH is also offering free pickup of the recalled item. PT Monday through Saturday.
Richie House is recalling 1,500 children’s robesbecause they fail to meet federal flammability standards.
Consumers should take the recalled robes away from children and contact Richie House for a refund. PT Monday through Friday.
Panelcraft is recalling children’s magnetic building setsbecause of a choking hazard.
The recall involves the Rainbow Dream Builder set and the Rainbow Solid Builder set.
According to the CPSC, the building sets can break and expose the magnet inside. No incidents have been reported to date.
CHICOPEE, Mass (WWLP) A close call at a Chicopee business today. Smoke was seen coming from the Chicopee Auto Service and Sales Center at 926 Front Street. No one was hurt.
The owner of the neighboring audio business noticed the smoke and called the fire department. Luckily, they right down the road.
Andy Pacheko, the owner of the neighboring business, told 22News, “I was in my business and a customer came in and told me they saw smoke coming from the bay so I went outside to look and I saw the smoke coming from the bay next door. I got on the phone and called the Chicopee Fire Department and they reacted pretty quick. They were here within about two minutes because they are right down the block.”